Keeping Champagne and wine chilled has never look better with these charming DIY holiday ice buckets! They’re colorful, festive and can be fully customized. Imagine kiwis, apples and flowers! They look beautiful sitting on a table and are perfect for holiday entertaining.
2 different sized, inexpensive plastic buckets (a large one and one to fit inside that is also large enough for a champagne bottle)
Flowers, cranberries, rosemary or whatever you want to include!
A few heavier rocks
1. Fill the large bucket with 2-3 inches water and freeze.
2. Place the smaller bucket inside and fill it with rocks so it’s weighted. Otherwise it will float when then the water is poured in.
3. Fill the circle with water and tuck the flowers and fruit in tight, so they don’t float to the top when frozen. You can also do this in two steps, filling half then freezing and then doing the second half. This will insure the flowers will be dispersed throughout the bucket when frozen.
4. Freeze the bucket overnight.
5. To remove the ice bucket, remove the rocks from the center, then fill that container with warm water and let it sit. Pour it out and then run water around the outside of the bucket. It will eventually loosen and slide out.
*We highly recommend using plastic and galvanized buckets as glass can break.
Also, when serving, place it on a tray or container with a little ledge to catch the water. You can also fold a washcloth and set it underneath to absorb some of the water.
Enjoy your holidays.