As one of the leading wine and spirits retailers in America, we offer a solid benefit and compensation package, opportunity for professional growth, and the advantage of working with teams of experienced staff in our industry.
The Company: Martin Wine and Spirits was founded in 1946 and now operates five (5) locations in the Metropolitan New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. We are known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike. We believe that employee ability, energy and ideas contribute to our ongoing success.
The Position: We’re looking for an Area Manager for Metropolitan New Orleans and Mandeville.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in business concentration with an emphasis in analytics preferred
• Experience: Five (5) years related experience required, eight (8) years or more preferred; retail and/or inventory management experience in a high volume environment preferred; accounting knowledge preferred; proven leadership ability desired
• Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license; Responsible Vendor Certification
• Skills: Typing; PC/Windows; strong communication skills
• Physical Abilities: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
• Manage and maintain operational consistency of Metro/Mandeville retail outlets and delis
• Set and meet budgets for hourly labor and maximize schedules
• Ongoing coordination with accounting in the interest of meeting/exceeding strategic business goals
• Oversee inventory and shelf management control procedures
• Oversee employee performance evaluations in the interest of professional development and growth
• Build product knowledge and work with store management teams and marketing to ensure we are performing above community standards
• Build and develop relationships with our employees, customers and vendors
• Manage risk to include a focus on loss prevention, store security, and safety of employees and customers
The Location: Martin Wine and Spirits is based in New Orleans, Louisiana. This is a great place to live because of the people, the music, the food and the fun!
Why Should You Apply?
• We are a top industry performer with a competitive salary
• We offer a great benefits package
• You’ll have ongoing opportunities for growth and development
Martin Wine Cellar
714 Elmeer Metairie, La. 70005
BISTRO/DELI/CATERING ASSISTANT MANAGER
Assist the restaurant Bistro/Deli Manager in overseeing all aspects of the bistro/deli/catering operations. This
includes customer satisfaction, inventory control, expediting, running registers, taking orders, planning parties, food
preparation, and cross-trained on all stations, etc. Assistant Manages participate in all aspects of employee relations
including hiring, training, scheduling, labor costs, supervision of employees. Manager schedules include pre-opening
and post-closing supervisor duties.
You may learn more about our business and stores by visiting our website: https://martinwine.com/
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, Paid Holidays, Two days off a week, 401k plus matching, Accrued Time Off, and more.
Experience: 3 years of related experience required, additional years of experience and in catering or understanding food preparation and kitchen management preferred.
Responsible Vendor Certification required.
ServSafe certificate and/or state food safety certification preferred and may be required.
Those interested should send a resume via firstname.lastname@example.org email.
You are encouraged to apply in person at the Metairie store location only.
Job Type: Full-time
Martin Wine Cellar Bistro and Deli | 714 Elmeer Ave., Metairie, LA 70005 and 3827 Baronne Street, New Orleans, LA 70115: This position’s daily duties include maintaining the seating area via cleaning, clearing tables, opening and closing set up and breakdown, sharing dish washer duties, to organize, maintain storage and walk-in coolers, cleaning the kitchen, assisting customers were catering carry outs, and to participate in the overall appearance of the front and back working areas of the restaurant.
Bistro & Deli is open 7 days a week.
Hourly position and will work with college students and their schedules.
Martin Wine Cellar is now accepting resumes and applications for Catering Prep and Cooks for who are interested in working at our Bistro/Deli at our Metairie location. Martin Wine Cellar provides catering and Deli/Bistro service for dining-in, gourmet-to -go, private parties, weddings, in store events, community events and more. These positions will be responsible for deli and catering preparation including following recipes for catering and other Bistro/Deli menu items and assisting Chefs and Kitchen Staff as needed.
We are looking for candidates with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, reliability, creativity and the ability to follow recipes.
Expected to maintain high health code, safety and operation practices.
Pay & Hours: This is an hourly position and benefits are provided for Full Time employees after 60 days. The store will be open seven days a week with various schedules required.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Six month to a year of experience in a related field is required.
Certifications: ServSafe certificate is preferred and a plus.
Martin’s in New Orleans, LA is looking for two sous chef to join our 30 person strong team. We are located on 3827 Baronne St. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, and engaged. Our hours are either 9 AM or 10 AM until 7 PM so no late nights!
- Train and develop chefs to company standards
- Create new dishes and menus in accordance with business needs
- Anticipate ingredient needs and arrange re-stock accordingly
- Ensure a productive kitchen flow that upholds business standards
- Execute catering dishes to order
- Culinary degree preferred. Three (3) years experience in fine dining restaurants.
- High familiarity with kitchen equipment, processes, and health and safety guidelines
- Able to delegate tasks effectively and assist when needed
- Adaptable to high traffic and kitchen volume
- Paid Holidays
- Accrued Time Off with Pay
- Rotating schedules for opening and closing shifts with no late nights! Two days off per week.
- Closed major holidays: New Years, Mardi Gras, Easter, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Job Type: Full-time
- ServSafe (Preferred)